As DJs are more tech-savvy than most, I’m sure that many of you have heard of the new ChatGPT technology that is making waves.
According to Wikipedia, “ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is a chatbot developed by OpenAI. ChatGPT is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 family of large language models, and is fine-tuned with both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques.”
From AI-created videos to AI-voiceovers and even AI-Avatars (see my new headshot below, lol), tools in the Artificial Intelligence sector are enjoying accelerated progress. Since most of you have valuable brands that you’ve invested thousands of dollars and hours of sweat into, any serious operator must react to this wave of AI tools that are sweeping over the internet. The advanced capabilities of such AI Tools need to at least be looked at, so that you can make decisions on how you want to adjust your workflow.
Let’s look at what’s possible:
- Graphic Design – You can enhance your branding and imagery with AI tools. Take your original photos and feed them through any of the available AI photo editor tools out there, and you’ll be able to spruce up how your images look. From there, add them to your website and social media to make your brand look great!
- Website Content – Website pages always need to have text inserted into them. Although these text pieces are more snippet-oriented as opposed to longer Blog articles, they’re still important to your users… and even more important to Google, of course. Use the tools out there to have the snippets done in a first draft format, and then edit. It’s easier to edit something that’s in front of you rather than write it from scratch.
- Blog Writing – I wrote a DJ LIFE article about this a little while back, so you should all be familiar with how you can save a lot of time writing Blog articles with AI tools. One note of caution’ though… Google can detect when an AI tool has been used for a blog article. Adjust your process by having the AI tool write the blog article as a first draft, and then edit it to make it look more “human.”
- Video Creation – Another article I wrote for DJ LIFE this fall was in the area of AI Video Creation. Since that article, the AI tools that are out there have added the ability to use your own voice and your own likeness in the video creation process… very cool!
- Social Media Posts – Content for Social Media isn’t exactly rocket science, but if you’re suffering from writer’s block, AI tools can help you write for social-media captions to go along with your photos and/or videos.
- SEO Content – Now, you can “scrub” all your website content and get SEO-optimization advice, right from these AI tools.
- SEO Backlinks – Yes, AI tools can identify targets for you to chase backlinks for.
- ChatSEO – ChatGPT itself, as well as the other more prominent AI tools, are beginning to return results of their own that are fast becoming a Google alternative. Examine the results of my query here. Apologies to my client Ross Akselrad from Pulse Entertainment in Philadelphia for not appearing in these results. We’ll fix that up in 2023, for sure!
Whereas Google gives a simple listing of distinct results, ChatGPT returns a few results in more of an article format. Companies wishing to appear in the results need to be “ranked” as one of the top 4 or 5 brands found and returned by ChatGPT in order to have any branding benefits. So what’s the problem? Well, no one in the SEO industry really knows how these AI tools are choosing their results, and where they’re pulling the descriptive text for the results that are being kicked back. Not to worry though, every serious SEO person is rushing to find out, especially us here at Digitera.
Note that we here at Digitera are researching how ChatGPT pulls it’s results, and you can expect that one of my seminars at DJX’23 will be on SearchAI overall. By the way, remember to register early!
Another sector of AI-tools exists with respect to the tools that most of us already know and use. For example…
- Serato — Research is being done to determine a song’s musical key, amongst other things.
- MusicLinx – Features to show songwriters how their songs compare to the most popular tracks out there.
- LANDR – The whole tool is built on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Sonible – Check out their Smart Filter features.
Almost any serious DJ-industry tool is (or should be) considering how AI/ML can improve on their existing product. The thing to keep in mind as far as limitations are concerned is that the DJ and music industries are creative in nature, which means that there’s never a “right answer.” Use these AI Tools to give you ideas, but always use your own creativity to make the final decision.
Going forward, the AI sector needs to be examined in a far more detailed manner than this simple summary article. I’ll probably turn this into a series, and get into specific areas in a more focused approach. If any of you have a specific area that you’d like us to examine and write about, please get in touch with us here at Digitera, or relay the request through the people at DJ LIFE Magazine.
See you in August!
Jordan St. Jacques is the President/Lead Digital Marketer at Digitera.Interactive in Ottawa, Ont., Canada.
To check out more business tips, click here.